The Patriot Half Marathon (Sold out), 5K, and 1 mile fun run in Rockwall, Texas Monday, May 27 , 2013 -
Half Marathon (13.1 Miles), 5K (3.1 Miles), and 1 Mile Fun Run
http://youtu.be/auisYh5SHIc (Copy this link into your browser for a ground level view of the half course)
For the 5K, there will be one aid station with water only. For the half marathon, there were 15 aid stations in 2012 and we are adding three more in 2013. There will be water and sports drink available at each.
- MALE & FEMALE – Overall and Masters 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
- MALE & FEMALE – The age group awards:14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and over. Awards will be given for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place in each age group.
- All half marathon finishers receive a finisher's medal.
- MALE & FEMALE – Overall and Masters 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- MALE & FEMALE– The age groups awards:10 & under, 11-14,15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and over. Awards will be given for first three places in each age group.
Chip Timing Info:
Your bib will contain a disposable RFID Chip. You simply pin your race number on the front of your shirt and you are good to go. Awards will be designated by chip time.
All events except the 1 Mile are chip timed.
The race will begin and end at Wilkerson-Sanders Stadium and run around Rockwall and through many historic streets before traveling through the the first of several Rockwall area parks. The City of Rockwall has designed a bike/jogging trail to connect many of the city's parks that the half marathon route will travel. The route is challenging with rolling hills.
The 5K is a shortened version of the half marathon course.
Walker-friendly time limit of 4 hours (that's a pace of 18 minutes per mile for the half marathon).
Technical fabric dry-wicking running shirt!
Choices are available while supplies last. We will remove choices of sizes and styles as we run out of inventory, since shirts have to ordered months in advance based on a guess of what sizes and styles will be chosen.
Packets can be picked up at the Rockwall Running Center (811 E. Yellow Jacket Lane) on Friday May 24th and 25th, Sunday at the Expo on the 26th and race day morning on site.
6:00 am – 7:00 am Race Day Packet Pickup and registration
7:25 am – 1 Mile Fun Run Start
7:30 am – Packet Pickup Ends
7:45 am – Half Marathon Start
8:00 am – 5K Start
9:25 am – Estimated time of 5K Awards
10:30 am – Estimated time of Half Marathon Awards
11:45 am – Half Marathon Course Closes